Học tiếng Anh lớp 9 unit 8: Celebrations
Chào mừng các bạn đến với topic: Học tiếng Anh lớp 9. Hãy tham gia ngay bây giờ bạn nhé, nhiều bài học bổ ích và một không khí sôi nổi đang chờ đón bạn.
I. Relative clauses.
Relative clauses give us information about things, people, possessions, places, time and reasons using a relative pronoun or relative adverb (which, that, who, whom, whose, when, where, why)
1. Things (which, that)
- I like books which / that have good plots.
2. People (who, whom, that)
- Ann thanked the man who / that helped her.
- People whom the company employs are expected to sign a contract.
3. Possessions (whose)
- Mrs. Angela has a painting whose value is inestimable.
4. Places (where, which / that + preposition)
- This is the room where Bob sleeps.
- This is the room which / that Bob sleeps in.
5. Time (when)
- Ill never forget the day when I met you.
6. Reasons (why)
- I dont know the reason why he left school
II. Adverb clauses of concession.
+ Although, though, and even though express the idea of a contrast.
E.g: Although Susan lived in Mexico for a year, she did not study Spanish.
+ Though is informal.
E.g: Though I liked the car, I decided not to buy it.
I liked the car. I decided not to buy it, though.
+ Even though is stronger, more emphatic than although.
E.g: Tim is in good shape physically even though he does not get much exercise.
Even though you dislike Jessica, you should try to be nicer to her.
Học tiếng Anh lớp 9 topic chia sẻ những bài học thực tế và hiệu quả nhằm giúp cho các bạn muốn nâng cao trình độ tiếng Anh.
View more latest threads same category: